Monday, July 2, 2012

Beta #1

I am in the midst of packing for a 6 day vacation to Margate, NJ with my husband's family - it was always dicey in my mind thinking of what this vacation could look like given how my beta was to turn out today.  I kept thinking about how miserable I would be on the trip if my beta was negative, and how anxious I would be if my beta was positive, and having to sneak away for a blood draw at a Labcorp on Thursday, and all around just keeping the news to ourselves.   Well, it turns out that I get to enjoy an anxious week at the beach with additional del estrogen and progesterone shots, and a 7:30 blood draw on Thursday...my beta came back positive today, I still can't believe it.  The number was 488, and I am 13dp5dt.  We are very excited, but after enduring many many miscarriages, I need to keep a level head and take this one step at a time.  If I can get through this vacation in one piece, that will bea step in the right direction :)

Hoping to have a good result from Thursday's beta, and then I'll go back to my RE's office on Monday for a 3rd.  Continuing to cross all fingers, toes, and anything else crossable :)

5 comments:

  1. Glad for good news! Hope you can enjoy your vacation as much as possible given all that's on your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed for continuing to get good numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! 488 is a good, strong start! I hope the news stays good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I hope things continue to go well for you. I know the stress of anxiously waiting more appointments... hopefully the vacation will take your mind off things and allow you to relax a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll keep evertything crossed and hope it continues to stay positive.

    ReplyDelete